Essex Festival of Food & Drink 2014
Marinated Barbecued Line Caught Sea bass.
Served with Black Thai rice, Micro Coriander and Lime Salad with Ginger emulsion
This dish is ideal for Summer; Lightly marinated Sea Bass Barbecued (or grilled indoors), served with a crispy Salad, Rice Cake and Ginger dipping emulsion. The fish can be cooked whole of filleted
Up to 4 people
1k Large Sea Bass
- Scale, gut and clean fish.
- Score the fish skin to allow marinate to flavor flesh
- Coat in marinade below and leave overnight if possible
- Place on the hot barbecue and cook approx. 5 minutes each side or until cooked.
3 x Black garlic cloves
1 tbsp. Coriander Seeds
1 teaspoon Cardomon Seeds
½ bunch Fresh Coriander
½ bunch Mint
3 Spring Onions
1 Red Chilli
1 stem Lemon Grass
2 Limes (Zest and Juice)
Salt and Pepper
- Add all together in food processor and blend until paste is formed
Pickled ginger slices
Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Slice carrot, Radish, onion, ginger finely and place in iced water for 1 hour to crisp up.
- Add nuts, micro coriander and mint leaves
- Dress lightly with lime juice and oil
500g g Black Thai rice
1 lt Water
- Place rice in pan with olive oil
- Add water and stock
- Bring to boil and simmer for 25 minutes
- Remove from heat, add sliced spring onions and cool in baking tray
- Chill and cut out. Reheat in steamer
Picked Ginger in vinegar (1 tbsp.)
2 x Egg yolks
500ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 x Black Garlic Clove
- Julienne Ginger strips
- Whisk yolks to a light sabayon with vinegar from ginger and mustard and clove of crushed garlic.
- Slowly add oil until a dipping consistency.
- Mix with Micro Coriander
- Make a bed of salad
- Arrange Filleted Bass on top
- Dipping Emulsion by the side on in pot.
- Rice Cake